Saturday, August 21, 2010

Awesome Fat Loss and Muscle Gain Results! "My Experiences with the Gym Movement Protocols" by Ashley Young, 2nd LT Minot AFB

Testimonial written by Ashley Young a 2nd LT in the USAF stationed at Minot, AFB. She began working with the Gym Movement Protocols in June of 2010.


“I have worked out all my life but I was always intimidated by the weight room and then I met Megan. She worked me hard and taught me how to use the weight room to my advantage. Megan showed me many moves that work each muscle in many different ways so I wouldn’t get board with the same routine. Soon after we began our workout sessions she decided to change our theory on working out and throw my world of exercise upside down and it was the best decision ever made.

Megan called it the Gym Movement Protocols. I thought it was crazy, how could I get better if I don’t push myself to the extremes? I mean that’s what I’ve been told since I was a kid in sports, push yourself and you will get better. So I was very doubtful when Megan explained the protocols to me but I trusted her enough to try it, I mean everything is worth a try. The next step was to try this new workout theory. It was a challenge to stop just when I was tired and not go farther and Megan watched me to make sure. With such a competitive nature in me it took me a few weeks to get the hang of it. However that is when I started noticing the changes.

As each week went by my strength was increasing dramatically and I could see it. My arms started to show definition and my biceps, triceps, and deltoids could be seen. This was amazing! I had never been able to actually see my workout effect my body other then sliming down. I was thrilled with the results. I was also breaking my own personal records everyday! The movement was a fabulous phenomenon that really worked.

Megan did an amazing job at showing me how to use my body and the weight room. I have never felt better and stronger. I still weight lift as much as I can and I have become a firm believer in the movement. It is the best way for me to work out I have never found anything that is so amazing. I will always appreciate my time with Megan training me and her introduction of the movement to my life style. My world has never been the same." Ashley Young

Ashley's Weight Numbers using the Gym Movement Protocols (avg 3xs a week of weight training) from June 7th-August 20th
Bench Press: 60lbs to 100lbs
Upright Rows: 30lbs to 70lbs
Single Arm Dumbell Snatches: 8lbs to 25lbs.
Assisted Pull-ups: 100lbs to 55lbs
Deadlift: 50lbs Up to 115lbs
Squat: 105lbs Up to 135lbs
Clean and Jerk: 35lbs to 65lbs

1 comment:

  1. Ashley's goals are not necessarily to move heavy weights. She loves to lift but she actually prefers to make it more of a cardio workout and do higher reps. I recently tasked her with testing heavier loads as well rather than just working with higher rep ranges. We re-set her goals and I'm expecting epic improvements in her intensity PR's on twitter's #preveryday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your opinion