Monday, October 18, 2010

How Hard Do You Think You Have To Work To Lose Weight?

I was at a Health and Wellness Fair this afternoon talking about Megan K Fitness, Zumba Fitness and exercise in general. There, I had the opportunity to chat with a gentleman who told me that he could never lose any weight because he already works so hard at his job.  He told me that in order for him to lose anything more he'd have to kill himself (ie: work to the point of exhaustion) at the gym.  

This perplexed me. Not the bit about how hard he works on his beer delivery route (I had already had the route described to me and it sounds pretty intense), but the bit about having to kill himself in order to make progress or see any results.  

I'm a personal trainer, and group exercise instructor and have a love affair with exercise and movement. I may be a bit biased because I love exercise, but I don't see weight loss as a challenge because I watch people losing weight every day.  I know that shows like the "Biggest Loser" spread some pretty nasty ideas about what personal training is all about, but I didn't think that people really believed that they would have to work themselves into the ground in order to lose weight. 

Am I wrong? 
What do you think it takes to lose weight?  What do you think you'd have to change and or give up? What about your diet; what kind of changes would you have to make to your diet, to progress and meet your physique goals? Do you think its possible to set Personal Records everyday?

I'm so curious to hear your responses that I'm giving one free telephone coaching call for the most in depth response, e-mailed to me by October 19th.  And in next week's newsletter, I will address all of your responses. 

In good health,
Megan K

megankfitness@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your opinion